The Cuisinart CBK-200 bread maker is an interesting machine if you are interested in taking your baking to the next level. It allows you to bake fresh, homemade bread with foolproof results every time. Being more advanced than it’s little brother, Cuisinart CBK-100, this machine has features that are hard to find among other types of baking machines.
Features that make the Cuisinart CBK-200 stand out
One of the features that makes this machine special is the convection fan that improves the air circulation inside the machine. This has an impact on the crust and the texture of the bread.
Many settings for a versatile machine
The other added feature is the artisan bread setting that the CBK-100 lacks. This setting allows you to use your own bread maker recipes without having to used one of the pre-set programs. The artisan bread setting allows you to bake bread using more advanced techniques like slow cool rise which gives you a thick, crispy crust and a good texture without having to use much yeast.
The Cuisinart convection bread maker has 16 pre-programmed options. This makes this machine very versatile so you can use it for many recipes. It also has an option for gluten free bread and for low-carb bread which is not something that all baking machines have.
Removable parts in high quality materials
When you unpack this Cuisinart bread maker you can immediately sense that it’s made in good materials. The design is elegant and the stainless steel design looks good on any counter top.
The bread pan and the kneading paddle is non-stick which makes the parts easy to clean. All the parts that come in contact with the dough are BPA-free.
The kneading paddle can be removed before the baking cycle begins to avoid having holes at the bottom of the loaf. The machine will beep to let you know that it’s time to remove the paddles. This feature is also useful if you make dough for pizza that you don’t want to bake inside the bread maker.
Features at a glance
- Convection fan that circulates the air better for better crust and texture
- 16 programs including artisan bread, low-carb and gluten free
- 3 loaf sizes
- 3 crust options
- timer with 12-hour delay option
- Power failure backup
- 15-minute pause option
- Bake only option
- Removable lid and bread pan for easy cleaning
- Removable kneading paddle, non-stick
- Viewing window
- LED display
- Notification for mix in time
- Notification when it’s time to remove the kneading paddle
- Elegant design, brushed stainless steel
- Comes with a recipe book, manual, measuring cup and spoon
- 3 year warranty
- Dimensions: 19 x 16 x 13 inches ; 16 pounds
- Versatile machine with many settings including artisan
- Convection fan for improved circulation
- The parts that come in contact with the bread are BPA free
- The dough cycle is good for pizza dough, rolls etc.
- The machine beeps when it’s time to add ingredients like seeds, nuts, dried fruits etc.
- The machine notifies you when it’s time to remove the kneading paddles if you don’t want the bread to bake with them inside
- It is easy to get replacement parts if you need them as Cuisinart is available all over
- 3 year warranty
- The LED display can be difficult to read
- The convection fan is noisy
In my opinion, the Cuisinart CBK-200 is a very good buy. It is easy to use for inexperienced bakers and it has lots of options for experienced bakers, so nobody will get disappointed with this bread maker.